.app Domain Names For Law Firms & Attorneys
Securing Attorney-Client Communications With .app Domain Names
There are more than 1,500 top level domains ("TLDs") available for registration today including .com, .net, .org, etc. Of those, there are several attorney-related TLDs including .abogado, .associates, .attorney, .law, .lawyer, and .legal. Now there's .app!
.app is an important new unrestricted top level domain backed and managed by Google. According to Google's Ben McIlwain, .app is "the world's first entirely secure all HTTPS open top level domain."
Google claims "A key benefit of the .app domain is that security is built in—for you and your users. The big difference is that HTTPS is required to connect to all .app websites, helping protect against ad malware and tracking injection by ISPs, in addition to safeguarding against spying on open WiFi networks. Because .app will be the first TLD with enforced security made available for general registration, it’s helping move the web to an HTTPS-everywhere future in a big way."
In 2015, Google paid a record-setting $25+ million for the registry rights to the .app TLD. Google then launched .app at this year's developers conference Google I/O '18. According to GoDaddy VP Paul Nicks ".app is its biggest new top level domain launch to date in terms of pre-orders at the registrar. Every day of early access has beaten the same day of other new TLD early access periods, and it has more pre-orders than any other domain." More than 250,000 .app domain names were registered in the first month of availability.
Premium .app domain names for law firms and attorneys are available for purchase or lease through MarketWorks.
For a deeper dive into Google's .app TLD ...
- Why Google's .app Launch Will Impact Your Business
- With .app, Google plans to build a safer Web
- Google announces "Mobile-first Indexing (November 04, 2016)
- Google announces "Rolling out mobile-first indexing (March 26, 2018)
For a deeper dive into Progressive Web Apps ...
- Think With Google: The Surprising Thing about Mobile Apps
- Why a progressive web app might be right for you
- Google: A new way to deliver amazing user experiences on the web
- Google: A secure web is here to stay
- Google Developer Keynote (Google I/O '18)
- Google Chrome Developers: Why Build Progressive Web Apps?
- Google: Progressive Web Apps - PWA Roadshow
- Google Chrome Developers: PWAs: building bridges to mobile, desktop, and native (Google I/O '18)
- Google Chrome Developers: PWA starter kit: build fast, scalable, modern apps with Web Components (Google I/O '18)