Safeguarding Attorney And Client Information
Prerequisites: Part One (Preferred)
Meeting Time: 120 Minutes
2.0 Part Two Introduction and Outline Review
2.1 Safeguarding Attorney and Client Information Using "Framework"
- Identify and control who has access to your law firm’s information
- Conduct Background Checks
- Require individual user accounts for each attorney and employee
- Create policies and procedures for information security
- Limit employee access to data and information
- Install Surge Protectors and Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
- Patch your operating systems and applications
- Install and activate software and hardware firewalls on all your office networks
- Secure your wireless access point and networks
- Set up web and email filters
- Use encryption for sensitive and confidential information
- Dispose of old computers and media safely
- Train your employees
- Install and update anti-virus, -spyware, and other –malware programs
- Maintain and monitor logs
- Develop a plan for disasters and information security incidents
- Make full backups of important law firm data/information
- Make incremental backups of important law firm data/information
- Get cyber insurance
- Make improvements to processes / procedures / technologies
2.7 Working Safely & Securely
- Pay attention to the people you work with and around
- Be careful of email attachments and web links
- Use separate personal and business computers, mobile devices, and accounts
- Do not connect personal or untrusted storage devices or hardware into your computer, mobile device, or network
- Be careful downloading software
- Do not give out personal or business information
- Watch for harmful pop-ups
- Use strong passwords
- Conduct online business more securely
2.8 Questions & Answers
Buy Part Two For You And Your Law Firm! Starting From $200
2.4 hours Florida Bar CLE (General, Technology) credit awarded to each FL BAR attorney participant upon completion of this web meeting.
Add Attorneys For Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Credit
Do more than five attorneys at your firm want to participate in this web meeting? Request a custom quote.
Web meeting participants can take one or two or all three parts of the program. There is no requirement for attorney participants to complete all three parts to earn CLE credit. Non-lawyer office workers can also participate in this web meeting so long as their party includes at least one attorney from their firm who is an active Florida Bar member.
After purchasing a CLE meeting you will receive an email confirmation and welcome message. The meeting host will also contact you to schedule your meeting time(s).
Twenty four (24) hour prior notice -at least one full business day, is required to reschedule a confirmed CLE web meeting time, and the same CLE web meeting can only be rescheduled by the same participant(s) one time. There are no refunds for missed meetings.
All live web meetings will begin five minutes before their scheduled start time to allow participants time to join the meeting.